The Newmans

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Our Front yard Garden

     What's made this journey so rewarding is all the family time it's invited. I've loved working in our yard and on our house with our families. We've gained so many memories that I'll be sharing with my kids one day. The love, support, and wisdom of our families has made this such a special season for us. :-)


(Yikes! This is what our front garden looked like when we first moved in. We pulled out almost everything but the bushes. We also trimmed the trees so they are no longer on our roof yay!)


 (My parents helping us with our Esperanza the right way lol. My parents are pro gardeners, seriously! They need to own their own nursery.



 (My mom showing me how to trim the bushes. We are about to plant the Pentas!)

 (My mother-in-law and my mom pulling out the old ugly bushes. Talk about a strong root system. Love this picture! *good memories*)


 (Our freshly planted flowers. My mom insisting on water our garden *her therapy*. She said we have to saturate the newbies since they don't have a root system yet.)



 (My dad fertilizing our grass and teaching us how to have a green yard like his :-) And He was right. Our grass has never looked better according to our neighbor.)


(Fresh mulch! We planted Pentas and Caladiums!)

 (In the beginning)

(As you can see this is before my office had any blinds.)

 (The grass has come a long way. Hubby and I have done a great job maintaining the flowers! Nothings died yet! haha)

 (Our baby Esperanza in the corner. I can't wait till it fills out and hangs over our fence)

 (This picture was taken today (7-21-13). Garden is super full. The garden to the far right is still empty. We were trying to grow hydrangeas but they are so dramatic lol. We are gonna pull them out and do the same thing we did with the other garden and plant Pentas and Caladiums. They are really low maintenance. )

 (We aren't sure if we're keeping the middle bushes, they came with the house lol. I saw one flower bloom on it, so I'm hoping with a little tlc it will fully bloom sometime this summer or next.)

 (Our baby Crape Myrtles in royal purple. They are stunning! You can see our Esperanza in the far corner. Look at our GREEN grass! Hubby and I have been working hard and watering like crazy. )

 (My mom has helped us so much. She has a green thumb!)

 (Baby CM)

(Progress is exciting!)

(It's all coming together nicely)

 (I love our front patio. I'm thinking about painting our front door teal.)

(Home sweet home. Thank you Jesus for your many blessings)

No comments:

Post a Comment