The Newmans

Monday, July 15, 2013

First Project: Refinishing our wood floors

     Wow! Anyone out there? It's been awhile! Hubs and I have been super busy making our new house liveable. I must say, we have succeeded! When we first moved in the thick red oak floors were all natural. We had to stain them, paint the tan/green walls, and do a number or repairs. The house still needs lots of work before it's perfect but we are finally in a place where the necessary work is finished. We can take our time with the rest of our list and do a little something here or there for the joy of it.
      Here are a few before and after pictures of  our first project when we first moved in (October 2012).

   Refinishing the wood floors:


 (My handsome hubby standing in our living room. I was tempted to paint our mantel but knowing I was going to paint the walls Behr's "peacock tail" blue I didn't want a white mantel and blue walls to give off a crisp, preppy or nautical look. )


(Hubs standing toward the back of the living room, near the dining room on his right)


 (Hubs learning how to refinish hard wood floors, thanks to his coworker who helped us for free! Talk about an amazing house warming gift!)


 (Let the staining begin)


 (They started straight after work, and worked throughout the night for several days.)


(Wow! Talk about dedication)

 (Gorgeous!)

(I was so happy when it was finished! The house smell horrid for days.)

I wish I could show you how our house looks now. Stay tuned and I'll take you through our beautiful transformation!

No comments:

Post a Comment