The Newmans

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A bigger Master bedroom

      My major prayer request when we started house hunting was for God to bless me with a huge master bedroom. My husband brought a large framed king size bed, matching night stands and a huge dresser into our marriage. While living in the apartment we barely had room to walk, and the dresser stayed with his parents. A small master bedroom was a deal breaker. I wouldn't even look at a house until I saw the master's measurements.  
      We looked at this houses several times before putting an offer. After much prayer we moved forward. But one thing was for sure, that over-sized storage unit had to GO!
 


(In this picture you can see how obnoxious the shelving unit was. It's also a good picture of the floors before we refinished them. You can also see the quarter round molding before we installed real base boards.)
 (Our nephew helping us pick paint colors )

 (Our nephew explaining why his color choice is the right one)


 (My dad being silly and my mom holding our nephew)

 (Yes! It's gone! The painters we hired had to re-texture the walls.)

Would you like to see what our master bedroom looks like now? I will reveal more in future posts. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment