The Newmans

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Layering Decor

        Layering decor is a great way to add visual interest and allows you to use all your favorite pieces you may not have room for otherwise. I loved this canvas art with my favorite Bible verse printed on it, but didn't have a spot for it. So we decided to layer it. It's not covering any of the pictures yet rests nicely on the frames. My husband and I love layering. If you're more of a minimalist this may not be your thing which is okay, but if you are bored with regular decorating, try challenging yourself. What can you layer and still keep peace and harmony with the flow of your house. It's really a lot of fun. The key is not letting it look forced.

 ( Rustic teal accent piece in our dinning room. Canvas art and dried yellow birthday roses layering our picture collages. I'm still shopping around for a better lamp. I found this in the closet and used it as a stand in, until I find something else. This is such a cute little space in the evenings with the glow of the lamp. )

  (Apothecary Chest in floral green. I love dried roses. I think they are romantic and whimsical. The glass vase allows us to layer because it's see through and airy, not heavy, almost like it's not there and seeing the dry stems add texture and an earthy element.)


(My favorite Bible verse! It's the truth. Acknowledge HIM and He really will direct your path.)

No comments:

Post a Comment